Monday 24 February 2014

A Fond Farewell

Well, it's been almost a year since I began writing this blog, and man has it been a crazy one! Just working up the guts to put myself out there and actually spend my spare time creating something to share with the public has payed off in many more ways than just one. It gave the schools I applied to something to look at whilst applying to get into multiple fashion merchandising programs, through posting about fashion I had been offered a few chances to apply to write for online magazines, and most of all, I now have something to look back at in the future, just to see the beginning of the journey I'm about to embark on in the fashion industry. These things may not seem huge to you, but they are to me! I couldn't be more satisfied with how Style Misfit turned out.

But, with all of that being said, I'm graduating in the spring, and as cliche as it sounds, A NEW CHAPTER HAS BEGUN. When I started writing this blog, I had a much different vision as to what my own personal style was/is, and I feel like I've outgrown the concept entirely. Since I don't believe the premise of this blog fits what I've grown to appreciate, I've come up with a whole new idea for the ways in which I put my content out there. You're able to read in my intro post on my new project, J'aime Porter, that I'm opening up a new bag of tricks as I get ready to pack all of my shit here in Fort McMurray to move to Vancouver after graduating. I couldn't be more excited. 

So, yeah. I don't really have much else to say. A short farewell is perfectly fine to me! 

It's been real, Style Misfit.
TTYL,
Jaime

No comments: